Every year, nonprofits join #GivingTuesday to encourage donors to give back on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. The nonprofits that use Aplos are no exception and raised 819% more than the online donations made on an average day.
About 97% of Aplos customers generate under $1 million in annual revenue and 85% rely on individuals as their primary source of revenue, so a big day of giving can make a big impact in their mission. Here is a snapshot of #GivingTuesday participation by nonprofits using Aplos:
Best Examples Of #GivingTuesday Fundraising
Here are a few examples of how Aplos customers leveraged #GivingTuesday for their organization.
- Used inspirational quotes and presented clear goals for their organization as a fundraising strategy
- Gave donation examples ranging from $10–$50 to remind donors that even a small amount makes a difference
- Collected 26 gifts totaling $7,962 in donations
- Used urgency on social media by counting down to #GivingTuesday, and provided specific examples of how the donations would benefit their mission (building a school)
- Utilized a donation match to drive more donations
- Thanked their donors and shared the total raised the following day
Why #GivingTuesday Works
#GivingTuesday has sparked an online giving trend with convenience and excitement for donors who want to put more heart into year-end giving. It’s easier and faster for organizations to reach a wide variety of demographics, especially young and more established donors who are jumping on the #GivingTuesday movement for a good cause.