Every year, nonprofits join #GivingTuesday to encourage donors to give back on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. The nonprofits that use Aplos are no exception and raised 819% more than the online donations made on an average day.
About 97% of Aplos customers generate under $1 million in annual revenue and 85% rely on individuals as their primary source of revenue, so a big day of giving can make a big impact in their mission. Here is a snapshot of #GivingTuesday participation by nonprofits using Aplos:
Best Examples of #GivingTuesday Fundraising:
Here are a few examples of how Aplos customers leveraged #GivingTuesday for their organization.
- Used inspirational quotes and presented clear goals for their organization as a fundraising strategy.
- Gave donation examples ranging from $10 – $50 to remind donors that even a small amount makes a difference.
- Collected 26 gifts totaling $7,962 in donations.
- Used urgency on social media by counting down to #GivingTuesday and provided specific examples of how the donations would benefit their mission. (Building a school)
- Utilized a donation match to drive more donations.
- Thanked their donors and shared the total raised the following day.
Why #GivingTuesday Works
#GivingTuesday has sparked an online giving trend with convenience and excitement for donors who want to put more heart into year-end giving. It’s easier and faster for organizations to reach a wide variety of demographics, especially young and more established donors who are jumping on the #GivingTuesday movement for a good cause.
If you are interested in fundraising software and leveraging #GivingTuesday for your organization, check out Aplos Donor Management and see how it can work for your organization.