Nonprofit Compliance

Your nonprofit needs to file more than a return with the IRS. Look up your state to see if you have required filings for your state as well.

State Filing Requirements
Many nonprofit organizations are "tax-exempt." This does not mean that you do not need to report your activity with Federal or State agencies.
In fact, there are several agencies that require returns from nonprofit organizations in order to keep their tax-exempt status. These required filings vary by state.
Select the state in which your organization is incorporated to see some of the agencies who may require a return from your organization.


*Please do not consider this list to be exhaustive, but rather a starting point. If you find that your State requires a filing that is not included in our list, please email us at so we can keep this list current.

Ready to file your IRS Form 990?
Form 990-N
For Current Year
*19.99 for previous years
— or —
Form 990-EZ
For Current Year
*39.99 for previous years

Have Questions About How to File Your Form 990?

Talk to our award-winning Customer Support Team

(888) 274-1316 | Hours: M-F 8am-4pm

Create Your Aplos Account

Must include min. 8 characters and 3 of the following: upper case letter, lower case letter, number, symbol
What year is it (e.g. 2000)?

By creating your Aplos account, you are agreeing to our
Terms and Conditions.