Maximize Your Aplos Setup
Learn the basics of what to set up first in your Aplos account. During this tour, we’ll walk through the main navigation of the software and go over the Aplos Getting Started Checklist at a high level so you can find the areas you’ll want to tackle first as you get started in the software. For best results, log in to your account in a separate window and follow along. Don’t have an account yet? Start a free trial.
Links to the specific areas of the software we will cover and resources from our Support Center are below if you want to learn more.
- Customize your dashboard to see only the relevant reports you need at a glance. Go to your dashboard in Aplos.
- Create contacts and view their information, including notes, contribution history, and relationships. Go to your contact list in Aplos. View the resource for creating contacts.
- Import your contacts from another system or software. Go to Import Contacts in Aplos. View the resource for importing and updating contacts.
- Create households, and see why they are helpful for contribution statements and check-in. Go to your households list in Aplos. View the resource on creating households.
- Set up your chart of accounts with all your funds. Go to your chart of accounts in Aplos. View the resource on setting up your chart of accounts.
- Set the starting balances for each of your accounts. Go to your account starting balances in Aplos. View the resource on setting your starting balances.
- Create budgets for your various accounts. This will allow you to compare budgets between different time periods and compare your budgets with what you actually spent. Go to your budgets in Aplos. View the resource on creating budgets.
- Set up purposes for the donations you plan to accept. Go to your purposes in Aplos. View the resource for how to set up purposes.
- WePay is the payment processor for online transactions in Aplos. Set up a WePay account to accept online payments. Go to the WePay setup in Aplos. View the resource on WePay.
- Create online giving forms and/or widgets for donations. Go to your online forms and widgets in Aplos. View the resources for online donation forms and donation widgets.
Events And Ticket Sales
- Create events, keep track of RSVPs, and collect payments for tickets. Go to your events in Aplos. View the resource on event registration and ticketing.
- Update your organization’s information and communication settings in Aplos.
- Add or change users associated with your Aplos subscription, and edit their role permissions.
- Monitor and update your Aplos subscription, and add or remove additional features.
- Review the activity log in Aplos to monitor user activity and identify discrepancies.
- Utilize the Filebox to upload receipts, images, or other documents.
- Link your account to one of our integrated partner applications. Go to the partner apps in Aplos. View the resource on partners and integrations.
If you have any more questions as you get started with your Aplos subscription, check out the Support Center.