This success kit provides digital assets and ideas for
how your team can deploy Text to Give in your church.
Increase giving in your congregation with the convenience of mobile giving. Text to Give can be an important digital giving tool for tech-savvy members of your congregation who don’t carry cash or checks. By activating this feature in your Aplos software suite, your church can equip its members to give one-time gifts or schedule recurring gifts directly from their mobile devices.
Consider introducing Text to Give anywhere that giving via text message may offer an additional way for members to offer financial support.
AREAS WHERE YOUR CHURCH CAN IMPLEMENT TEXT TO GIVE
Four easy ways to invite your congregation to use Text to Give
- Include a slide in your church presentation with your toll free number and an invite to text GIVE.
- Include a brief message in the Sunday bulletin: “We now offer a simple, mobile-friendly way for you to give tithes and offerings during the service. Text GIVE to (XXX) XXX-XXXX and you will receive an automated text back to securely set up your gift.”
- Equip your door greeters to answer questions about Text to Give to your congregation.
– T-shirts inviting people to ask questions
– Flyers with info about how it will help your congregation and your church
– Tablet with a short video about how it works or slides with more details
- Include a brief in your weekly or monthly email announcements.
See additional areas where Text to Give may be helpful in your giving efforts near the bottom of this page.
Images & Graphics
Want to save it?
Click to preview, then right click image to save.
Handouts & Flyers
Educational / Informational Video
Use this video in presentations and other efforts to educate your team about Text to Give. This video highlights the security and convenience of giving via text message.
Social Media Educational Video
Use this video on your various social media platforms to make your followers aware that your church has the flexibility of giving via text message. This video will increase awareness of this giving tool within your organization.
HOW TO MANAGE TEXT TO GIVE IN APLOS
This comprehensive article will provide instructions, tips, and user insights.
ADDITIONAL AREAS WHERE YOUR CHURCH CAN IMPLEMENT TEXT TO GIVE
Giving To Missions Or Other Funds
Provide members with the option to Text to Give to missions or other funds. Many times, these gifts are spontaneously given after members receive additional information about the cause and how they can help.
- Include the unique toll-free number and simple instructions in all communications about the fund
- Update members on the overall funding, including gifts made via text
- Encourage members to share the toll-free number and simple giving instructions with their personal network of friends and family to increase giving
Missionaries And Guest Speakers
Communicating to your church about missionaries and guest speakers is key to making them feel welcomed and inviting members to support their cause.
People love supporting other people!
- Clearly state their goal(s)
- Convey any financial help they may need and what the funding will be used for
- Introduce the speed and convenience of giving via text message
- Provide the toll-free number and simple instructions for potential supporters in all related literature and communications
Would you like some additional help with our Text to Give feature?