The area of pastoral taxes, church accounting, and payroll is so much different than for standard employees, and things can get complicated quickly. Many pastors get advice from other pastors about how to report their income for tax purposes. Unfortunately, they don’t always get the best advice. Unlike a regular business where everyone’s income is pretty much treated the same, churches have to deal with treating ministers differently than regular employees, both for taxes and payroll purposes. This webinar will help you learn about church payroll and structuring pastoral compensation. Our goal is to help free pastors from the financial burdens of the church and the IRS so they can focus on the ministry God has called them to do.
During this one-hour webinar, you will learn:
- The finer points of preparing and processing your church’s payroll
- How to properly report a pastor’s income on the W-2 and quarterly tax filings
- About the current payroll and tax issues facing you and your church
- To save your church and pastor money by structuring the way you report certain items
- How to structure the pastor’s compensation
- How to structure the housing allowance, accountable reimbursement plan, board resolutions, pastoral retirement plans, and more