If there are multiple people in your organization who need to have access to your Aplos account, you can set each one up as their own user. Each user will have their own login (email address), password, and role (what they can access) within the account.
To add or manage the users on your account, you’ll want to go to the Settings gear in your main navigation menu. Then click on “Users.”
To add a new user, click the green plus (+) icon and then the Add User button at the top of the page.
You will be taken to the Add User screen, where you will set up the details of the new user, including their name, email address (which will become their login), and role.
Please be sure the email address entered for the user is valid since they will receive an email that contains a link they will use to verify the creation of their user. Once everything is filled out, you will click the Send Invitation button to send the verification email to the user.
All accounts include two users. Additional user seats can be added to your subscription from the Subscription page. If you are in a contract and do not have any available seats, you will not be able to add users from your settings. Instead, you will need to request an upgrade from our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Role Permissions
These roles have complete access to all features in all areas of the product.
- Administrator – This is the only role permission that has access to the Settings of the organization, including your subscription, managing users, activity log, and partners tab. They also have complete access to all areas of Accounting, Marketing, Donations, Groups, People, and Reports. Organizations must have at least one administrator, but we recommend you have at least two so there is someone who can manage the account should the normal administrator be unavailable.
- Manager – Someone with this role will have complete access to all areas of Accounting, Marketing, Donations, Groups, People, and Reports, but not access to manage the Organization Settings.
Users can have access to manage specific areas or combined areas, such as People and Marketing, or Web Builder and Donations.
- Accounting Manager – Access the Accounting product, People (accounting type only), and Financial Reports.
- Accounts Payable Manager – Access pages related to Accounts Payable, information, and reports.
- Accounts Receivable Manager – Access pages related to Accounts Receivable, information, and reports.
- Donations Manager – Access the Donations product, People (donor type only), and Reports.
- Marketing Manager – Access Marketing and People (donor type only).
- People Manager – Access People (donor type only) and Contact List report.
- Web Builder Manager – This role has full access to the Web Builder product.
- Auditor (Full Suite) – This roll has read-only access to the entire software, excluding Settings.
- Accounting Auditor – This role has read-only access to the Accounting product, People (accounting type only), and Reports.
- Custom Report Managers – This role has read-only access to accounting or donation reports for specific accounts, funds, tags, and/or purposes.
- Restricted Notes & Files Access – Roles above will only have access to public notes and files unless they are also given permission to access Restricted Notes & Files.
Editing And Managing Users
If you need to edit or remove a user, you can do this from the Users page under Settings. To view their user details, click on the name of the existing user you wish to manage.
From here, you’ll be able to update any of the user’s details or remove the user from your account completely by using the Delete button. If someone doesn’t need access temporarily, you can use the Status option to disable the user. Their email address still exists as a user, but they are not included in your user count and will not be able to log in to access your account while disabled.
Once you are done making the necessary changes, be sure to click “Save” to complete this update.
If you have an outside accountant or bookkeeper who reviews your books, you can add them to your Aplos account as an Accountant user. They will have their own Aplos Oversight account that will be linked to your Aplos account to give them access. An accountant user is not included in the user count for your subscription. You can see any Accountant users on the bottom of the page.
If you need to add an accountant user to your account, contact our Support Team at email@example.com.