During my last webinar, I had a few special requests from our viewers to provide examples of some thank you letters to send to donors. I’ve also included some notes after the first sample email to help you understand what key points to hit when you are getting ready to write your next thank you letter. Here is a link to the webinar for your reference.
- First off, the letter starts out with a strong opening focusing on the donor. Because of YOU!
- Secondly, it tells a story and tells the reader exactly what you’ll be doing with their donation.
- Third, the letter tells the reader when they can expect to hear from you and offers a phone number and a contact person.
- Fourth, the donor’s loyalty is acknowledged.
- Finally, it’s signed by someone from the highest ranks of the organization.
- The finishing touch was an enclosed thank you letter direct from one of our students, derived from a selection of hand written notes compiled during one rainy summer day when we had given the kids the project of writing thank you’s to all of the people who made their opportunity possible. The best were printed up.