On your Online Donations page, you will see a status next to each donation.
The following is a list of possible online donation statuses and what they mean:
- Capture Pending – The checkout has been sent to our payment processor, and Aplos’ system is waiting for them to acknowledge the transaction.
- Authorized – The payer entered their payment info and confirmed the payment with our payment processor. The payment processor has successfully charged the payment method.
- Captured – The payment has been received from the payer, and should now be listed in the organization’s merchant account balance.
- Released – The payment has been withdrawn from merchant account, and deposited to the organization’s designated bank account. Note that the Released state may be active although there are active partial refunds or partial chargebacks.
- Cancelled – The payment has been cancelled by the payer, payee, or our payment processor.
- Refunded – The payment was captured and then refunded by the payer, payee, or our payment processor. The payment has been debited from the organization’s merchant account.
- Charged Back – The payment has been charged back by the payer and the payment has been debited from the organization’s merchant account.
- Failed – The payment has failed.
- Expired – Checkouts expire if they remain in the New state for more than 30 minutes. Note that this typically occurs when the payer has abandoned the attempt.
If you have questions about the status of your donations, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com!