Manage Your Aplos Settings
The Settings tab is available to a user who has an Administrator role.
- Org Info: You can add and update your organization’s name, tax identification number, address, fiscal year, currency, website, and logo. You can also update communication settings so that email communications from Aplos make it to the correct inbox. Lastly, you will also find more information on our open API. See the guide for configuring Org Info
- Users: You can add new users to your account and give them a specific role to access all, or portions of the software. See the guide for Adding and Managing Users.
- Subscription: You can manage your subscription, change your billing cycle, and update your credit card for payment. See the guides for:
- Activity Log: Allows an Administrator to view which users have worked in the software and what they’ve done.
- Email: Optional configuration to send emails from the Aplos system using your organization’s custom domain. See the guide for Authenticating an Email Domain.
- File Box: Images, logos, images of receipts, or other organization documents uploaded in the system are stored in this location and can have various levels of privacy.
- Partners: Provide more information about linking your Aplos account to one of our partners so that the two systems can share information for faster data entry.
- Notifications: An optional feature to receive email notifications when balance thresholds are met for funds or tags. See the guide for Notifications.
Create Your Chart of Accounts
Create and edit your Chart of Accounts from the Accounts tab. If you need help thinking through how to create your chart of accounts, here are two resources that you may find helpful.
You can watch this previously recorded webinar for more details on the process of creating your chart of accounts in Aplos:
Your chart of accounts is made of accounts that allow you to post transactions, which results in reports. Here’s a brief overview of the account options that you’ll see:
Assets: Accounts that you create to represent anything that your organization owns, like your checking account. Typically numbered from 1000-1999
Liabilities: Accounts that you create to represent anything that your organization owes, like a loan or credit card. Typically numbered from 2000-2999
Equity: Any area of your organization that needs to have its own income, expense and/or ongoing balance. These are the accounts for money that you have set aside for specific reasons, like a grant, or a building project. Typically numbered from 3000-3999
Income: Any way that you receive money, like contributions or grant income. Typically numbered from 4000-4999
Expenses: Any way that you spend money, like Office Supplies, or Utilities. Typically numbered from 5000 and up
From the Transactions tab, you can enter a number of different transactions, whether it’s in one of your account registers, your journal entry page, Accounts Payable page, or Accounts Receivable page.
Financial and Giving Reports
Reports provide an answer to a question. From how viewing your income and expenses in an Income Statement, or the balance of your funds in a Balance sheet, reports can be pulled and tailored to what you’re looking for.
Video Tour of Aplos Suite
For more information, this previously recorded webinar can walk you through how your organization can track of your accounting and donations. This webinar will provide a general overview of the software, and how you can set it up your account to meet the needs of your organization. General topics covered in this webinar include setting up your organization’s information, managing contacts, creating your Account List, entering transactions, and running reports. You can also find the details written below.