Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Date Posted: November 14, 2019
A. Unacceptable Use
Aplos has a vast audience spread across many cultures, countries, and backgrounds, with varying values and we strongly support the right to free speech for all of our users. Our service is designed to let users freely express any ideas and opinions without us censoring or endorsing them. That being said, there are a few categories of content and behavior that we don't permit because we consider them harmful to the community.
To be transparent about what is and isn't allowed on the Aplos's cloud-based service, which includes but is not limited to its accounting software, donor management software, member management software, and any other cloud software service that is provided by Aplos (the "Service"), we've put together this Acceptable Use Policy.
Do not violate the privacy rights of any person. Do not collect or disclose any personal address, social security number, or other personally identifiable information without each holder's written permission. Do not contact any person who has requested no further contact. Do not cooperate in or facilitate identity theft.
2) Intellectual Property:
Do not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Do not reproduce, publish, or disseminate software, audio recordings, video recordings, photographs, articles, or other works of authorship without the written permission of the copyright holder.
3) Hacking, Viruses, & Network Attacks:
Do not access any computer or communications system without authorization, including the computers used to provide the Service. Do not attempt to penetrate or disable any security system. Do not intentionally distribute a computer virus, launch a denial of service attack, or in any other way attempt to interfere with the functioning of any computer, communications system, or website associated with the Service. Do not attempt to access or otherwise interfere with the accounts of other users of the Service.
Do not send bulk unsolicited e-mails ("Spam") or sell or market any product or service advertised by or connected with Spam. Do not facilitate or cooperate in the dissemination of Spam in any way. Do not violate the CAN-Spam Act of 2003.
Do not issue fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, services, or investments. Do not mislead anyone a bout the details or nature of a commercial transaction. Do not commit fraud in any other way.
6) Violations of Law:
Do not violate any law.
7) Disallowed Content & Conduct:
- Do not upload, download, transmit, display, or grant access to content that:
- Is illegal or promotes illegal activities.
- Is inappropriate, such as obscene or pornographic materials, graphic depictions of sexuality or violence, or images that exploit or harm children.
- Infringes anyone's rights, including intellectual property or other proprietary rights or rights of privacy or publicity.
- Is false or fraudulent or is designed to phish or perform other identity theft.
- Is intended to promote gambling.
- Engages in the advertisement of or encourages illegal or controlled products or services.
- Is a realistic call to violence. By that we mean that you cannot post content which threatens, incites, or promotes violence, physical harm, or death. This includes threats targeting individuals or groups, as well as other indiscriminate acts of violence. This restriction does not mean that we will remove hyperbolic or generally offensive language.
- Misleads a user into making a purchasing decision.
Online Payments - the following are not allowed:
- Doing anything illegal, including soliciting money when you are not authorized to do so, or not following all state and federal legislation regarding fundraising requirements.
- Knowingly receiving potentially fraudulent funds.
- Using the software in a way that Aplos, American Express, Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or any other electronic funds transfer network might find as an abuse of the card network.
- Using false information to encourage, pressure, or otherwise entice users of the software to donate money through the software.
Donation Web Pages - the following are not allowed:
- Funding illegal activity
- Illegal or controlled substances or weapons
- Sexually explicit or profane content
- Adult services or products
- Any connection to terrorist organizations
- Violent content
- Restricted items such as betting, gaming, and sweepstakes
- False or fraudulent claims
- Content that constitutes hate speech
Bear in mind that this list is illustrative, not definitive and interpretations are solely up to us. If we're not in a position to make a determination (for example, whether something is defamatory or not), we defer to the judgment of a court.
B. Consequences of Violation
Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy (this "AUP") may lead to suspension or termination of the user's account or legal action. In addition, the user may be required to pay for the costs of investigation and remedial action related to AUP violations. Aplos reserves the right to take any other remedial action it sees fit.
C. Reporting Unacceptable Use
Aplos requests that anyone with information about a violation of this AUP report it via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com. Please provide the date and time (with time zone) of the violation and any identifying information regarding the violator, including e-mail or IP (Internet Protocol) address if available, as well as details of the violation.
D. Revision of AUP
Aplos may change this AUP at any time by posting a new version on this page and sending the user written notice thereof. The new version will become effective on the date of such notice.